Wednesday, June 27, 2012
RE Visit
I took the day off work to visit my RE. I was checking back in with him about my hormone regiment. First I was concerned about my triglycerides. My cholesterol has been going down, but my triglycerides have been going up. My research (thanks Dr. Google) found that is could be the prolonged use of oral estrogen. I have been taking oral estrogen - 2mg a day - since just after Leland's birth to help with milk production. My RE said that my research was correct but that switching to estrogen patches could disrupt my milk production and that short-term elevated triglycerides was not a huge deal. So for now I stay on the same estrogen regiment.
The best news of the visits - besides not needing an u/s - was that I can stop doing the provera induced bleeds every three months. I hate, hate, hate progesterone. It makes me feel awful and moody. Based on my last visit with my RE I was due for another round in a week, but as long as I am not having breakthrough bleeding I can keep taking the estrogen without the awful progesterone. Yea!
The worst news of the visit. I found out that my perinatologist, who is also my OB/GYN is moving to California in September. I am devastated. I have never met a better doctor in my life. He took amazing care or me and Leland through the pregnancy and after. He is brilliant and really an expert on a very complicated pregnancy-related condition I have. A condition that if managed wrong could result in a cranial bleed in my fetus or death. I have sworn that I would never see another OB/GYN EVER no matter how far I moved - I drove nearly 100 miles from work to his office while pregnant with Leland. Is California to far to travel to a doctor while pregnant? On the upside, at least I now have a little notice and can schedule an appointment before he leaves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear that your dr is moving in September. I know it is hard to lose a dr you trust so dearly. Is there any way he could still be a part of your treatment? Or you could travel to see him at least once or twice for consultations throughout another pregnancy. I will be moving sometime this year and am not looking forward to find a new OB. I love mine too.
Sorry to hear that your doc is moving away... I would be devastated too. Hope you can get an appt before they move. Thinking of you xoxo
Post a Comment