Today marks a collective 4 years of breastfeeding between the girls and Leland. Leland nursed a little over 27 months before I slowly weaned him in preparation of the girls' transfer. And now, the girls have been nursing nearly 21 months. Most days the still nurse three times a day - first thing in the morning, when I get home from work, and before bed.
It's been one of the biggest challenges of my life and yet also one of the biggest triumphs. Nursing my babies is both painful (Elizabeth still has a lousy latch and I'm pretty certain I've been having nipple vasospasms - more on this later) and wonderful. It's strengthened and expanded my faith. I'm so thankful that embryo adoption made nursing possible.
It's been one of the biggest challenges of my life and yet also one of the biggest triumphs. Nursing my babies is both painful (Elizabeth still has a lousy latch and I'm pretty certain I've been having nipple vasospasms - more on this later) and wonderful. It's strengthened and expanded my faith. I'm so thankful that embryo adoption made nursing possible.
1 comment:
Way to go! What a triumph! I know that nursing can be hard but it's so worth it :)
4 years! Woohoo!
Post a Comment