Monday, June 18, 2012

100th Post: Happy Father’s Day

I was working on something fun for my 100th Post – a list of 100 interesting or odd (mostly odd) things about me. I had fun working on the list, but got stuck around the mid-30’s. I guess there is not much to know about me. So instead, I am dedicating my 100th post to Robert for Father’s Day.

Robert is a wonderful dad. It’s amazing to see just how bonded Leland is to Robert. There are times when Leland clings to me, such as when he is hungry or very tired. But much of the time he will leap from my arms to get to Robert. I have enjoyed watching Robert grow as a person as he grows in his role as a father. It’s a growth and a love that I know can only come from God’s love for Robert.


We had a very fun Father’s Day. After church, we went out for lunch. When we came home Leland laid down for a nap right away. Robert and I has some alone time together and even took a little nap ourselves. When Leland woke up we spent the rest of the day just playing together in Leland’s room. We read books, played with balls and block, practiced walking, and just had a great time. For our present…we gave Robert a “world’s greatest dad” t-shirt…Star Wars style.



No comments: