Last weekend had a really nice weekend. Robert’s parents and brother came to visit for the day on Saturday and to keep Leland entertained while we cleaned and made some preparations for his (gasp!) first birthday on Saturday. They played at the house in the morning and then took him to the park in the afternoon. When the went to the park it was the first time we have ever been home without Leland there - it was very strange. We all went out to dinner and made a stop at Goodwill. We bought Leland a train table for $20 since Robert’s family all bought Leland tons and tons of trains for his birthday. Leland also found a new toy that he did not want to part with and for the bargain price of $1.71 I was happy to accommodate his first request for a toy:
Another first for the weekend…we ordered Leland his own kid’s meal. He is eating so much table food – usually from my plate – that sometimes I am finding myself hungry after dinner. So, on Saturday, he got his very first Chick-fil-a kid’s meal.
On Sunday we went to a friend’s children’s birthday party. I have to say that children’s birthday parties are a lot more fun when you have a child yourself. They had a bouncy house. At first I was hesitant to allow Leland to go in, but since there were only a handful of children at the party all about 2-4 years old I though it would be okay. Robert went in with him and they had a blast. Leland crawled, and tumbled, and fell down, and crawled some more, and chased balls, and was entirely unfazed by the bigger children jumping around him.
1 comment:
That is the best part about Goodwill - being able to indulge your children's requests. I got J a great kite at Goodwill once for a dollar.
So, the party is tomorrow? Have fun!
Post a Comment