Last Sunday marked 11 months. We are in the final count down to Leland’s first birthday. He has grown and developed so much in the past month. He is about 18 ½ lbs and between 28-29 inches tall. He wears mostly 12 month sized clothing, but pants are still a little too long.
He still eats 11 times a day, including nursing twice at night. He is completely off the bottle and now uses his Nuk sippy cups for juice and pumped milk. He is doing wonderful with solid foods and with feeding himself. His favorite foods right now are: cheese, broccoli, green beans, beans, and steak (or any other type of meat – sausage, chicken, etc.). There is almost nothing he does not eat and I just love watching him eat.
Leland started crawling about 2 weeks ago and then started pulling up to standing on his own last week. He helps pull his shirt on and off his head when we are getting him dressed and undressed. Often I have to remind him which way to pull – on or off. He waives hi & bye. We are still working on blowing kisses and peak-a-boo.
He has become very talkative. He says these words frequently on his own, with little or no prompting: hi, bye, up, more, mama & dada. Other words he has said this month: red, toy, troll, down, duck, dog, uh-oh & nana. He said many of these things for the first time during our trip to Florida to visit my parents. I told my mom that no one was going to believe me that he is already talking this much. You’ll notice “nana” is on the list – he said this while we were grocery shopping as he reached out toward my mom (Nana).
Leland has had several new experiences this month. We went “camping” twice – we stayed in KOA type cabins at campgrounds in North Georgia (for our Chattanooga trip) and in Florida for a trip the Boy Scout troop Robert volunteers with at our church. We went tubing / rafting while on our Florida trip. And, I took Leland for his first airplane trip.
Leland and I flew to and from Florida to visit my parents. He did great on the trip, but was sick on the way down. While we were waiting to board the plane I thought I felt a little warm, but he wasn’t really acting sick. I took his temperature – 103.2. Induce panic…but with little option, I gave him Tylenol, boarded the plane, got him to sleep, and kept monitoring his temperature. The first day of our trip we visited the urgent care. Thankfully, he just had a respiratory infection. I treated him with Tylenol, used the vaporizer, etc. and he was feeling much better by the time we flew home.
For all the things we have done this month, the one thing I have not done very well is take pictures. Here are two I took while in Florida:
Driving Lessons with Nana
Playing with Molly (Nana & Granddaddy's dog)


2 comments:
That is a lot of words for 11 months! That's awesome! He looks like such a little man in the first picture.
That is awesome that he is talking so much. Abel and Belle aren't so much yet... Happy 11 months, Leland!
Post a Comment