Monday, June 16, 2014

Weekend Overview

We left Saturday morning to spend the weekend with Robert's family. We're celebrating both Father's Day and Robert's Mema's birthday. Leland was most excited by seeing his cousin Trevor.

ROAD TRIP X2

Just as we were arriving on Saturday, we remembered that we forgot my medicine. So after birthday festivities winded down we made the 4 1/2 round trip drive home to pick up my medicine. Robert drove the whole way, logging nearly a total of 7 hours of driving on Saturday.

FIRST SLEEPOVER

Leland has his first sleepover at his Mimi and Grandpa's house on Saturday night. His cousin Trevor essentially lives at their house, so it was also Leland's first sleepover with a cousin / friend. They had a really great time.  In the morning, Leland asked Mimi "where's Mama" and she told him "Mama is at Mema's house; do you want to get dressed and go over there?" Leland replied, "no, I don't want to." So I guess he did okay on his first night away. The only little hiccup was Sunday morning he was hysterically tired due to lack of sleep.



FATHER'S DAY

We celebrated Robert and Grandpa (Robert's dad). It was a nice day, though bittersweet as I am missing my dad who just passed away in December.





WAITING

Monday morning is my next ultrasound. As expected, I am both excited and nervous

                                                                            ***

I hope you have had a blessed father's day. Praying for all who long to be dads, all dads whose babies are already in heaven and those who have lost their dads and graddaddys. May God hold you in His arms and fill you with His peace.

1 comment:

It Is What It Is said...

Anxiously awaiting your good news!