Friday, June 13, 2014

Undeserving

Driving to court this morning I found myself overwhelmed with how undeserving I am. So overwhelmed that I began to just cry. Not sad tears; just tears.

It just hit me how undeserving I felt of the blessing of this pregnancy. Undeserving of God's blessing. Undeserving of God's love and grace. And yet, here I am, a recipient of God's blessing and love and grace.

When you stop and ponder, isn't the simplicity of salvation by grace emotionally overwhelming? To attempt to comprehend the extent of God's love for us is seemingly impossible.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I feel that way, too. Some days I get angry that I feel I deserve a child with people who for example, do drugs while pregnant or don't have stability, have children. Then I remember while my life in stable in many ways, that doesn't make me "deserve" a child from God because I am as much in need of a Savior as anyone else on this world.

Ashley said...

Well said...and so true!