Tuesday, November 4, 2014

27 Weeks

Still pregnant! Yea! Not that I am having any pre-term labor issues, it just feels good everyday knowing that they grow stronger and healthier. I feel much better than I did at 26 weeks. The day after I wrote that post I spiked a fever and realized that I wasn't "just pregnant" - I was actually really sick. Being sick is of course no fun (at all), but sick gets better shortly - pregnancy lasts awhile.

Here are a few highlights:
  • IVIG Infusions so far - 7
  • Weight gain = 23 pounds (I've been staying steady here for the past 2-3 weeks)
  • Carpal tunnel seems to be staying to a minimum thanks to starting using the braces very early rather than waiting till the numbness got really bad. I am actually having more pain than numbness in my hands and wrists - and I often see my veins bulging - but this may be related to the IVs and IVIG (makes my blood thicker) in addition to the carpal tunnel. 
  • I gave in and bought a pregnancy pillow. I always thought they were a little silly, but I am now a full convert. I am sleeping so much better!

  • I had a follow-up on Monday with my OB. The highlights are, my belly (fundal height) is already measuring 34 weeks. No wonder I am feeling as big as I did when I delivered Leland at 35 weeks. And...I am now official on part-time duty at work. This means less pressure, but also means 1/2 my pay...eek! Please pray that I am successful in filing a partial short-term disability claim. 
  • I still don't have two complete cribs, but more on that saga later...
Once again, thank you for all the prayer and support. You have no idea how much your encouraging words help on tough days. You give me strength that I really can (hopefully) grow these babies for 10 more weeks!

3 comments:

Just T said...

My pregnancy pillow was the best investment ever and I still use it :) Congrats on hitting 27 weeks!

It Is What It Is said...

Your 3rd tri is just a week away!

Grow babies, grow!

Sara said...

You're a wonderful mom! Hang in there. I hope the short term disability claim goes through!