Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Happy Transfer Day + What God Reveals (Part I)

Happy Transfer Day


November 16th – four years ago – I “met” Leland.  He was transferred into my womb, along with two other embryos. He was one of five embryos we adopted and thawed that day. He was frozen in 2001. We are so thankful that God blessed us with Leland. I am in awe of God’s plan for my life and I am praying for the ladies who are transferring at the NEDC (and elsewhere) this week that their babies would grow and bless them in ways unimaginable.

What God Reveals (Part I) 

There is something else I have been wanting to blog about recently and thought this would be a good post to get started. I have never considered myself prophetic. I’ve never heard God’s voice audibly. I often feel led by the Holly Spirit, but not necessarily is a prophetic way. Though recently, I have come to realize and accept the power of several things God has revealed to me – many of which relate to our family building. My hope is to share much of what God has revealed to me and the power of these revelations over several posts. 

Around the end of high school (about age 17) I had an image of a man implanted in my mind. At the time – and still now – I felt like this image was from God. It was a single image of a grown man (maybe late 20’s) who was tall with blonde hair. In addition to the visual I had an overwhelming feeling of love towards him and I instantly knew his profession. At 17 years old my only conclusion was this must be the man God wanted me to marry. I really struggled with this at the time. Primarily, I had just started dating Robert around that time. Also, he was taller and blonder than I would typically find attractive (silly, I know) – and I really could not have imagined myself married to someone in that profession. For years this lingered in the back of my mind, while at the same time feeling confident that Robert was the man God had selected for me.

This image, which I knew in my heart was from God, confused me for years even after Robert and I married. And then one day I knew. It was finally clear. This wasn’t my husband. It was my son. It is Leland. As I have pondered this recently, I realized something even more profound. God revealed this to me right about the same time Leland was conceived and frozen. God has had Leland picked out for me since then. He was always my son. 

2 comments:

Malia said...

Wow! my jaw dropped! That is amazing! God is amazing! I figured earlier in the story that it was Leland... but not until the last line did I guess that God gave you the image upon Leland's conception.

Ashley said...

Wow, what an amazing story! Can't wait to hear more!!