Keeping in line with last month, here are my totals:
10 – Blood Draws
6 – Doctor’s Appointments
6 – Doctor’s Appointments
4 – IVIG Infusions
3 – Ultrasounds
2 - Hospital Admission
1 – Dentist Appointment
2 - Hospital Admission
1 – Dentist
Leland:
2 – Doctor’s Appointments
2 – Urgent Care Visits
1 – ER Visit
Robert:
1 – Colonoscopy
1 – Vaccination
I want to thank you for last months encouraging words. A few of you even made me feel like "super mom" in September. But the truth is, I was drowning. And with drowning came isolation and even mild depression. When things are so busy (work, doctors, etc.) everything else has to be set aside. This means very little social interaction, which is isolating at a time companionship and support are needed most. I found myself even too tired to pick up the phone and call a friend.
Having realized this, we have now reached out for help. We've accepted help watching Leland so we can get things done; help with some dinners; help with some projects; help with company for me when I was hospitalized and during infusions; help with our dog; and help for in the future when I cannot drive myself to appointments.
I am still tired. And this is all still hard. But the support makes it much better - both the actual support and the emotional support that comes from the actual support.
Having realized this, we have now reached out for help. We've accepted help watching Leland so we can get things done; help with some dinners; help with some projects; help with company for me when I was hospitalized and during infusions; help with our dog; and help for in the future when I cannot drive myself to appointments.
I am still tired. And this is all still hard. But the support makes it much better - both the actual support and the emotional support that comes from the actual support.
3 comments:
I'm glad you are getting some help! I can't imagine how you could do all of that and not be depressed. How is your work dealing with all the missed time? That would stress me out (even if they weren't outwardly upset, I'd worry)
Glad you have some help. That's a lot going on, emotionally and physically! I wish I lived closer!
Bravo for reaching out!
Bravo for help.
Post a Comment