Thursday, November 13, 2014

28 Weeks

Babies still cookin'. Here are some highlights of the week:

BABY SHOWER

I had my baby shower last Saturday. Everything was absolutely perfect and beautiful. I was blessed with great friends and an overly generous amount of goodies for our sweet girls.


WEIGHT / HEALTH

Girls continue to do well. My belly is getting bigger by the day - and my belly button "popped" this week. (It never popped with Leland's pregnancy). Leland giggles at my inny-outie popped belly button.

After weeks of not gaining weight I put on a few pounds this week for 27 pounds total. I continue to feel better since being sick recently, with only a little congestion and ear pressure remaining.

Last Sunday I had infusion #8. Tomorrow is infusion #9.

MOVEMENT

The girls are more active by the day. Leland felt one move for the first time tonight. And last night Robert was actually woken up when he was kicked by one of the girls!

NESTING / NURSERY

Since getting so many great goodies at my shower I have been in overdrive mode this week getting the remaining needed items, including items for the nursery. Here's a sneak peak.


I've even been stocking up on diapers with a little crazy couponing at Target. I got 5 packs of newborn diapers, 1 pack of preemie diapers, 2 packs of wipes, and 3 packs of pull-ups (for Leland at night) - for about $19!!! I was really excited...and then I realized that these diapers will only last about two weeks! Wow!


I'm still working on obtaining two complete, matching, and undamaged cribs. Replacement part number three will ship this week. The "headboard" part of the crib keeps arriving damaged.


Also this week - we bought a van!!! I now drive a Chrysler Town and Country. It's so comfortable and I'm feeling very spoiled with features like bluetooth calling and automatic doors!

NAMES

You may have noticed some initials or monograms in my pictures. We have picked names and announced them to our family and friends. We have picked two names, but will wait to assign them until after we meet the girls. I will announce their names here after they are born. Any guesses?

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Hmm.... Charlotte and Ellie?
Caroline and Elizabeth?

Sara said...

Aw love seeing your beautiful shower and the things for the girls' room! :)

Julie said...

Cecelia and Evelyn?

Malia said...

Congrats!

My guesses are Colette and Eleanore :)

Herbal Tea said...

You look great (although you're probably uncomfortable), and the shower looks beautiful. Glad you got so much useful stuff. Can you please share your couponing secrets??
Deborah

It Is What It Is said...

I have no guesses, although I can see they are C & E. If I were to think of words that could double as names I would pick Cherish and Ever.

Keep on doing what you are doing. One day at a time.

Lady Grey said...

Beautiful! I guess Charlotte and Elinore :)

Lady Grey said...

Ops! I spent Eleanor wrong ;)

Kandi Ann said...

Charlotte and Emily

Jen said...

LOL I think it's cruel to tease us with names. Congratulations though. Looks like you had a lovely shower!