Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Infusion that Wasn't

I took off work today. 3 hours round trip driving. 8 hours at the infusion center. A blood draw. IV started. And in the end - no infusion! I have to go back this weekend or more likely on Monday.

They run pre-infusion labs every week prior to treatment. They usually take about an hour to run. Today, one test took over five hours because of a machine malfunction. By the time they had the results they told me there was not enough time to get the infusion before they closed. Trying to reschedule the infusion took another few hours and I still don't know when it's rescheduled for...

There have been lots of tears today.  I'm exhausted and overwhelmed. I am trying to put my trust in God - trusting that He was protecting me and the babies today (bad batch of IVIG, maybe?). But it's still really hard and lonely. A sweet nurse prayed with me as I was leaving the infusion center in tears. It really was a blessing to be prayed for, but it's still just hard.

On a more positive note, this weekend I am looking forward to my mom flying into town for three days and my baby shower on Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Malia said...

Oh no! That really stinks about your infusion. We'll never know what God's plans are... maybe bad batch, maybe the nurse needed to feel God move her to pray for you, maybe you needed to take off at a different time, maybe you need to be there on the day that it's rescheduled for. We never know! What we do know, is God's plan is perfect :) Prayers!

Melissa Joy said...

This is beautiful. I have been spending all evening reading your blog. A sweet respite, after spending a few evenings just crying and wondering what God is doing. We have had nine miscarriages and three live births in our seven years of marriage. Lots of IVIG, intralipids, steroids, Neupogen, blood thinners, etc. along the way. I will be doing a round of Humira soon, and hope to be allowed to ttc again after that. But embryo adoption is near to my heart as well. Reading about what God has done for your family brings hope and joy to my heart. Thank you for sharing your family with the world! May God be glorified in you continually. I know I'm a stranger, but I will pray for you tonight.