Friday I woke up feeling much better. Not good; still sick. But, much better. None of my test results gave a clear answer as to why I was so sick, so the conclusion is simply a nasty virus.
Thursday was a rough day. I cried lots of tears. Missing Leland. Worried I wouldn't make it home for Halloween. Worried he wouldn't have a Halloween costume (thanks to an Amazon shipping delay). It was emotional being away from him, knowing he was struggling with me being away too.
I was relieved Friday afternoon that they said I could be discharged and that I was cleared for my IVIG. The initial plan was to get my IVIG Fiday afternoon. I knew that this made sense, but was broken-hearted counting the hours and knowing I would miss Leland's Halloween. I prayed and prayed for a solution. And God answered my prayer. Due to scheduling and billing issues, they asked me to come back Saturday morning for my IVIG. I was going home!
We were able to pick Leland up from school about 4pm. It only took him a minute or so to frankly ask me "Mama, why were you gone?" It broke my heart to hear that question. Yet, at the same time, I am thankful to have a child who can directly talk about how he is feeling.
Saturday was rough too. Leland was very worried about me going to the hospital for my infusion - I really believe he thought he wouldn't see me for a few days again. Overall the infusion went well and I am thankful to be home with my boys.
Thank you for your support and prayers this week.
Saturday was rough too. Leland was very worried about me going to the hospital for my infusion - I really believe he thought he wouldn't see me for a few days again. Overall the infusion went well and I am thankful to be home with my boys.
Thank you for your support and prayers this week.
4 comments:
I am so happy you were released and able to spend Halloween with Leland. Fingers crossed that things continue to go well from here on out.
I've been kind of a spotty reader but I have been praying for you. This has been a rough week! I am glad to hear you appear to be on the mend. And you got precious time with Leland. Continued prayers!
I'm happy you made it home for Halloween. I hope you stay healthy for the rest of the pregnancy!
So glad you're doing better! I just now saw your first post. I know you're glad to be home. Praying for a complete, quick recovery!
Post a Comment