Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Admitted Again

As I posted on Monday, I've been feeling pretty awful. Monday night I developed a fever and chills. Plus my body has been hurting all over.

This morning I was scheduled for a growth scan with my MFM, followed by a regular OB appointment, and then my IVIG infusion. I never made it past the MFM appointment. Based on my fever, pain, elevated heart rate, and other symptoms she sent me right over to OB assessment.

I was given a bag of fluids, had a few tests run, and kept off Tylenol to access my fever. Without Tylenol my fever climbed to 101.2. I've had a few slightly out of range lab results but none which are significant. We are still waiting on a few more results still. In the meantime, I've been admitted for the night.

The good news remains that my girls look great. They are measuring 1lb 15oz and 2lbs. Their brains look great (a big concern to watch for with NAIT) and my fluid level looks great. I passed my glucose test today and my blood pressure remains nice and low.

Once I am feeling better and my fever is gone I can have my next IVIG infusion. As I figure it, between getting better and then having my next infusion I'll likely be off my feet (and out of work) for the rest of the week.

7 comments:

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Yay for passing your glucose test! Sorry you've been feeling so crappy. But I'm glad the babes are doing well.

Sara said...

Oh man sorry you've been so sick. I'm glad the babies both look good. I hope you recover fully very soon!

Jen said...

Oh hugs! Matthew just went through IVIG. Prayers for you and your girls.

Malia said...

Prayers! Hope your body can handle it. Great that the babies are doing well :)

Just T said...

Take care of yourself. You are doing such a great job and hoping for many more weeks with the girls growing nice and strong.

It Is What It Is said...

I am SO behind in my reading and further behind in my commenting but the title of this post caught my eye and I am glad it did.

You are exactly where you need to be and I am glad to hear the girls are continuing to thrive.

Hoping by the reading of this you are already feeling better.

Deborah said...

Oh no! I'm sorry this has been such a rough pregnancy for you. I'm glad the girls are looking good, though, and they're getting that much closer to being healthy on the outside.