If you're not familiar, a babymoon is sort of a final getaway for a couple prior to the birth of a baby. This Saturday, Robert and I spent the night in Atlanta. Leland stayed with my aunt and uncle. We had a private suite. Ordered room service. I even got an IV...
Okay, so sillyness aside, I really spent the weekend admitted to the hospital. I woke up Saturday morning in a lot of pain. I had bad digestive upset (I'll let you use your imagination). And that , combined with the IVIG side effects, caused significant dehydrationand and pain. My abdomen was cramping so badly I really wasn't sure whether or not I might be having contractions as a result of the dehydration. My post-IVIG headache was much, much worse than it had been the past two weeks. I was worried about my pain and hydration - and more importantly worried that my condition could be affecting my babies. So into OB assessment we went!
They ran lots of tests to be sure that nothing else was wrong (appendicitis, etc.). They checked my cervix, did a quick ultrasound, checked for contractions. Thankfully both babies were unaffected and looked great. And, no signs of pre-term labor or infection. They decided to keep me overnight to administer IV fluids and monitor my pain.
This morning I am feeling much better. I'm hydrated and really only dealing with the killer IVIG headache (which is to be expected). I anticipate being discharged this morning and am looking forward to my own bed.
![]() |
| If only my room had a view... |
Okay, so sillyness aside, I really spent the weekend admitted to the hospital. I woke up Saturday morning in a lot of pain. I had bad digestive upset (I'll let you use your imagination). And that , combined with the IVIG side effects, caused significant dehydrationand and pain. My abdomen was cramping so badly I really wasn't sure whether or not I might be having contractions as a result of the dehydration. My post-IVIG headache was much, much worse than it had been the past two weeks. I was worried about my pain and hydration - and more importantly worried that my condition could be affecting my babies. So into OB assessment we went!
They ran lots of tests to be sure that nothing else was wrong (appendicitis, etc.). They checked my cervix, did a quick ultrasound, checked for contractions. Thankfully both babies were unaffected and looked great. And, no signs of pre-term labor or infection. They decided to keep me overnight to administer IV fluids and monitor my pain.
This morning I am feeling much better. I'm hydrated and really only dealing with the killer IVIG headache (which is to be expected). I anticipate being discharged this morning and am looking forward to my own bed.

3 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad the girls and you are both alright, but I'm sorry you had to stay in the hospital! I hope the symptoms subside and you can be back soon!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that the babies are unaffected. Praise God!
Oh no! I'm glad that you and the babies are safe. That must have been so scary!
Post a Comment