Monday, October 27, 2014

26 Weeks

Here are a few 26 week stats:

  • Weight gain = 23 pounds
  • Cravings = dark chocolate, bean burritos, McDonald's breakfast burritos, potatoes, broccoli
  • Symptoms = carpal tunnel syndrome (both hands / wrists); swelling; sciatica (nerve pain in the rear and legs); knee pain (only on stairs); congestion; nose bleeds 
  • Signs of Labor = I've had few episodes of sever abdominal and back cramping that made me worry about contractions, but I have been able to make it stop within 20-30 minutes each time. 
My Carpal Tunnel Braces
(just for sleeping at night)
I am trying to focus on thankfulness lately. I am thankful that I am pregnant. I am thankful for an amazing husband and son who have been very supportive and caring. I am thankful for my two daughters who grow bigger each day. I am thankful that so far I have received nothing but amazing reports on my girls. 

I am trying to focus on thankfulness because the truth is this is really, really hard. I'm not really sleeping well. I am in pain almost constantly. I'm having difficulty breathing from congestion and from pressure on my lungs. Lifting anything over 5-10 pounds is practically impossible. I'm winded from just walking up stairs. My nose is so dry I wake up with it burning - and I am having nose bleeds. I could complain all day - and I am trying hard not to and to focus on thankfulness. 

I get asked constantly "how are you doing?" and I have a hard time answering. On one hand - I'm still pregnant and the girls have looked great so far. On the other - this is physically really hard and I am wearing out quickly. I want to answer the question honestly, but I don't want to simply complain all the time. 

Prayers for encouragement and strength are very much appreciated. And any advice for getting better sleep - or reducing any of my symptoms are also appreciated. 

7 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

That is exactly the way I started feeling at 25 weeks! Prior to 25 weeks, I was feeling fine. But from 25 weeks until their birth at 31 weeks, I had every symptom you had. My body hurt all the time. The week before they were born, I began to cry and told Aaron that I didn't know how much more my body could handle. God knew because exactly a week later, they were born. (Hugs)

Malia said...

Prayers for you! Hang in there. Sounds tough, but you can handle it! Complaining is necessary sometimes :)

Herbal Tea said...

I can understand trying to focus on all you're thankful for - and there is a lot! But I agree with Malia, sometimes you just need to complain, and it feels better to get it out. I'm sorry it is so uncomfortable, though.

Adrienne Hall said...

For your nose bleeds, get nasal spray. It's just saline solution. It stopped my nosebleeds. At least that's one thing that could be fixed...

Ashley said...

Praying for you!

Sara said...

No advice but I hope you find some relief. I know you're grateful for your girls but I'm sure it can get tough with so many synptoms. Praying the discomfort subsides so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy

Em said...

Thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog! It meant a lot to know that I am not alone with my strange feelings. =)

I also wanted to say that cutting out dairy at the end of my last pregnancy (about 34 weeks) in preparation for nursing an intolerant baby magically helped with my minor carpel tunnel and hemorrhoids. Something with the inflammation factor of milk... Not sure if it is the same for you, but just a thought.

Prayers for the rest of your pregnancy. You are an amazing mom with all you go through to protect those girls. =)