Wednesday, May 14, 2014

PIO Day 1

Today marked day one of what will hopefully be a few months of POI injections. Looking for a refresher online I came across this funny photo showing where the injection should go in the muscle. It made me laugh.

I hopeful that this time I can combat the knotted sore bottom with a heating pad and some luck. Last time, my rear hurt even after I had given birth. I was also hopeful that the new compounding pharmacy was sending the 50mg/0.5ml PIO - but I actually got the 50mg/1ml PIO. The 50mg/0.5ml PIO is a higher concentration (same amount of medicine in less oil). The benefit of the higher concentration is that less oil has to be injected (so hopefully it is less painful. But instead, I received the 50mg/1ml PIO. :(

UPDATE: I thought I was doing pretty well with the first day not hurting. Then, in the afternoon, I ran after Leland in the yard. And - ouch - that muscle sure hurt!

Four days till transfer!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Praying for you! I think I have permanent scaring from my days on PIO!

Diane said...

Scarring, not scaring...though permanent scaring seems oddly appropriate as well. Haha!

Sara said...

I love that picture, too! We have to find humor where we can. I hope your shots go as painlessly and smooth as possible!

Ashley said...

Wow, that sure is a saggy bottom! =) I think the PIO injections are the worst part of the whole transfer process! Hope they're going well.