My Dad passed away yesterday evening. He is with Jesus. He is no longer suffering. God was merciful and it was quick, peaceful with my mom at his side shortly after he went to sleep last night.
He was an amazing man. Always proud of me - my biggest cheerleader! He was a Godly man and an excellent example of husbandly love (married to my mom for 32 years) and an excellent example of fatherly love. I have been blessed immeasurably by having him as my father, my daddy.
Please pray for my family this week. Please pray for strength and peace for and amongst my family.
 |
| Easter 2013 with my Daddy |
 |
| Granddaddy, Nana & Leland - May 2012 |
 |
| On the family farm in Tennessee |
 |
| Leland @ 2 Months in Granddaddy's Arms |
8 comments:
Oh Lara, I am so sad to hear this news and while it was not unexpected it can't be any less painful. I am thankful that your dad knew Jesus and is experiencing life in heaven the way it was meant to be. I will definitely be praying for you and your family as you grieve and celebrate the life of your dad.
I'm so sorry, Lara. Praying for you and your family.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Im so very sorry Lara, he sounds so terrific and though im glad he's out of pain I am so sad for your family. Will pray for hope and thankfulness admits the grief and particularly for your Mom.
Lara I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. The photos are so touching, you could tell he had a lot of love for you and your family. Hugs to you.
Lara, I am so sorry to hear this. I do hope it is some consolation that he's out of his pain now. But I know you will miss him.
So sorry for your loss but glad to hear that he was a wonderful, godly man. What a wonderful reunion it will be one day!
I am very sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a loved one, especially here at Christmas. My thoughts are with you and prayers that God will bless your family during this hard time.
Mel @ thereisahigherhope.blogspot.com
Post a Comment