I’ve been having fun posting holiday traditions on my blog and filling my facebook page with photos of Christmas decorations and such. But the truth is, I am choosing to focus on joy in the mist of stress and sadness.
My dad is not doing well. If he even makes it to Christmas, this will certainly be his last.
I am overwhelmed at times as we move forward with our second embryo adoption. We’ve had some exciting momentum (which I will share when it is finalized), but it has still been stressful.
In preparation for our second embryo adoption and hopeful pregnancy, I have been searching for a perinatologist who actually has some knowledge and expertise in the area I need. This has been harder than I thought. It’s scary and frustrating meeting with doctors who know less about a medical condition than I do. And the reality is if I were to get pregnant without an expert on hand to treat me the baby could die!
Work has been busy and I find myself under pressure to bill enough hours to not only meet my minium but to also earn extra income for our embryo adoption. Trying to take time off for the holidays has made billing hours even more challenging. I like my job, but it can be stressful at times.
I’ve been sick. Really sick. Ick.
So that’s the raw truth of all the stress and junk I am juggling. With all that I have decided to focus on the joy and magic of Christmas. I was very blessed to have a visit from a good friend last weekend who helped me decorate my home. They joy that I have found from my home being cheerfully decorated is more than I had imagined.
I share this all of you to let you know that my pretty Chiasmas pictures don’t mean that I "have it all together," but rather that through God’s grace and mercy God is showering me with joy during this season of Advent. I am choosing to focus on these gifts of joy!
My dad is not doing well. If he even makes it to Christmas, this will certainly be his last.
I am overwhelmed at times as we move forward with our second embryo adoption. We’ve had some exciting momentum (which I will share when it is finalized), but it has still been stressful.
In preparation for our second embryo adoption and hopeful pregnancy, I have been searching for a perinatologist who actually has some knowledge and expertise in the area I need. This has been harder than I thought. It’s scary and frustrating meeting with doctors who know less about a medical condition than I do. And the reality is if I were to get pregnant without an expert on hand to treat me the baby could die!
Work has been busy and I find myself under pressure to bill enough hours to not only meet my minium but to also earn extra income for our embryo adoption. Trying to take time off for the holidays has made billing hours even more challenging. I like my job, but it can be stressful at times.
I’ve been sick. Really sick. Ick.
So that’s the raw truth of all the stress and junk I am juggling. With all that I have decided to focus on the joy and magic of Christmas. I was very blessed to have a visit from a good friend last weekend who helped me decorate my home. They joy that I have found from my home being cheerfully decorated is more than I had imagined.
I share this all of you to let you know that my pretty Chiasmas pictures don’t mean that I "have it all together," but rather that through God’s grace and mercy God is showering me with joy during this season of Advent. I am choosing to focus on these gifts of joy!
6 comments:
I'm so sorry about your father. Prayers are with you! I totally get the having both happiness and sadness/stresses in your life. Godspeed and prayers!
I am with you on choosing joy. Although at times it is easier said than done. May God bless you as you endeavor to savor the goodness he has placed in your life.
I am so sorry to hear about your dad and also the other stresses you're going through. I think it is admirable (and useful) to try to focus on the positive, but sometimes it does feel phony. So I can see wanting to share the rest of the truth too!
I am sending you virtual hugs right now! My mom died right before Christmas in 2011 and those weeks leading up to it were horrible. If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you. Hugs
Sorry it's been a stressful time of year for you. Kudos to you for keeping your eyes and heart focused on the only One who brings true Joy!
Im so sorry about your Dad. Thanks for being so honest and open, for the reminder to fall back on God's grace.
Post a Comment