Driving While Pumping. I do it. Anyone else?
I commute one hour each direction to work. And many mornings I am in court until almost lunch time. So, pumping mid-morning is often not an option. Plus, with my hands free nursing set-up (I get everything set up before I leave the house, not while driving) it’s really out of the way (I am able to buckle up normally) and it's not a distraction. It seems like a good use of time to me. It’s so discrete with my nursing cover; I’ve even pulled trough a drive through once (was that too much?). But, most importantly, I get so much milk at that time of day (about 7:30 AM). I usually get 4-5 oz in the one pumping session. The other 3-4 times I pump in the day only adds up to about 6-9 oz TOTAL (about 2-2.5oz each time I pump).
So there is my confession of the day. I just hope I never get pulled over and have to explain this to an officer.
10 comments:
You are talented sister! I would like to be a little mouse in that officer's pocket if you do get pulled over . . . . lol.
You're a superhero!
If it's not interfering with your driving, I say more power to you!
(Here from ICLW)
Wow! You are so talented I can barely drive and listen to music at the same time LOL!!!
(Here from ICLW)
I think that would be the ULTIMATE excuse if you got pulled over. Anything woman related would make a male officer run away and a female officer say "Aww!"
(Here from ICLW)
I would have never thought of that! Props to you. While I hope you never get pulled over, I really hope you would share the story if you did. Ha!
(Here from ICLW)
hilarious! and way to multi-task
This is too funny but oh so practical getting it done while driving. Good for you! And congrats to a beautiful boy =)
Happy ICLW.
That is the ultimate in multitasking! I wouldn't have even thought of that, I had such a struggle with breastfeeding, that I never made it to the point where I had to pump to store. Way to go! (ICLW #69)
I used to do the same thing when I was still pumping. I was never brave enough to go through a drive through though. I did pump on the metro once...there is my confession :)
Post a Comment