Last Sunday, Leland was baptized. It was a wonderful day. My parents flew into town for the weekend and we had about 20 friends and family join us for the joyous occasion. Every time I think about committing my little miracle to God I get teary. God has blessed us so much and has not only protected Leland against the odds, but has allowed Leland to grow and thrive. Here are some photos from the baptism:
I wanted to baptize Leland sooner than three months, but we had to wait on his godmother (my cousin) to come home. His godmother is a missionary at a Christian Missionary hospital in Honduras. You can check out her blog HERE. (If you do check out her blog please don’t mention that I sent you over because I have not shared my blog with anyone in real life). Missionaries can only get travel visas and have to leave country every 3 months. She had her last “visa trip” home at the beginning of July. One of the neat blessings about Leland being born 5 weeks early is that she was able to meet him and hold him the day he was born. Had he been born on schedule she would not have met him until she returned home for his baptism. It was so wonderful that she was able to meet him. And again, it was wonderful having her home these past two weeks for his baptism.
Being surrounded by so many friends and family for Leland’s baptism was such a blessing. Leland was a doll and just loved on everyone. It brings me so much joy to see others rejoicing in our blessings. My parent stayed through Tuesday and had a nice visit with us. Here are some cute photos from Leland’s bath time that my mom took:





2 comments:
I love his little baptism outfit!! We have a washpod too but haven't started using it yet. :) How do you like it?
You have a beautiful son!
Post a Comment