One minute I look at him and think, wow, he’s grown so big. The next, I remark at just how tiny he is. At three months he is weighing in at 11 ½ pounds and about 23 inches. He had his third round of shots last Friday. It was his daddy’s first time taking Leland for shots.
He is doing well going to daycare. I miss him so much, but am so thankful that he is adjusting well. I get to go nurse him every day at lunch, so we are really only apart for 3.5 – 4 hours at a time. One of the things I have learned from sitting in the daycare class room an hour a day is that if you are going to send your child to daycare, send them with the instruction to feed on demand with a general idea of how often. Everyday there is at least one child who is crying hysterically because he or she is hungry and mom sent a strict eating schedule.
Leland is eating about every 3 hours. We nurse about 6AM. He takes a 4oz bottle at about 9AM. We nurse (on days he is in daycare) and he takes a 4oz bottle at NOON. He takes a 4oz bottle about 3PM. Then about 7PM we nurse, followed by a bath, and then nursing again until he is sleepy and full. He goes to sleep about 9PM. He was getting a 2oz supplement bottle (pumped milk) after the bath, but we have been phasing this out over the last several days. Until recently, he took a 2oz supplement bottle (pumped milk) after every feeding except his first feeding of the day. Over this past weekend, each day he only needed two 2oz supplement bottles (pumped milk) each day throughout the day. He is making great progress in getting more milk from the breast on his own. I also have more confidence since I know he is growing. There is also pressure not to use up my pumped milk in the supplement bottles knowing he needs the milk for daycare.
We had his three month photos taken yesterday evening. We went to J.C.Penny again for the $7.99 deal. We finally got a picture with a bit of a grin. Also, it’s a photo of him on his belly, which he hasn’t been agreeable to take in the past.
Leland’s likes right now are the fan, the mobile over his changing table (lots of smiles about this), bath time, his frog soothie, grasping soft items (burp cloths, etc.) and spending time outside. His dislikes are being dried off after bath time, having his finger nails cut (he used to not even notice), and his car seat. He his neutral in his opinion about tummy time, but shows little interest in rolling over. We prop his arms up and he looks around. Then he lays his head down and fusses to be picked up or rolled over. If we leave him for a bit to encourage rolling over on his own, he just lays there. His leg muscles are getting stronger. He enjoys pushing up with his legs and trying to stand.
My sweet boy is such a good sleeper.
Ready for the big game!
(I can't figure out how to turn my photos?)
2 comments:
Pictures Mom! I want pictures! :)
I added some photos.
Post a Comment