Monday, August 25, 2014

We're having ... (gender reveal)

Yesterday we hosted a small gender reveal party. We had lunch and then cupcakes for dessert. Inside the cupcakes we had colored frosting to reveal the genders. But before I get to that, I wanted to share the poll result of your gender predictions: 

Boys - 10 Votes (18%)
Girls - 11 Votes (20%)
Boy/Girl - 34 Votes (62 %)

Your predictions were similar to our party goers predictions. As each person arrived we had them select a sticker with with "Boys", "Girls" or "Girl + Boy". As you can see, "Girl + Boy" was very popular. We had one "Boys" guess and no "Girls" guesses. 

Take a guess ...

After our guests guessed the genders, we had them suggest some Girls and Boys names.

Guess the Names


Robert was silly and chose one of each sticker just before it was time to bite into the cupcakes. We had half the group take "A" cupcakes and half the group take "B" cupcakes. Then all the "A" bit in together and...




Baby A.... 

is 

a


  GIRL!!!



Then we had the the "B" group took a bite and....





Baby B.... 

is 

a


  GIRL!!!

Everyone had a great time, especially Leland who is actually really excited to be having two sisters! When we were at the ultrasound and Baby A was announced as a girl, Leland shouted "yes!". I was a little surprised by his enthusiasm, but it was such a sweet and candid moment.


Leland with his pink filled cupcake!

13 comments:

Just T said...

Yay! Welcome to the two girl club!!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Oh fun! Congrats! :)

Malia said...

Congrats! Girls are so much fun :)

Deborah said...

Two baby girls! Oh, the cuteness!

Elizabeth (and Dan) said...

Congrats! How exciting! Have fun shopping for all that super cute girl stuff!!! (I know I did!)

Ashley said...

Yay! Congrats!!

Sara said...

Oh horray! Two sweet little girls. Congratulations!!!

Lisa N said...

So wonderful! Congrats!

It Is What It Is said...

So exciting, congratulations!

Mali said...

I have twin nieces. They are a delight! Wishing you well.

Krystal Knobloch said...

Congrats! How exciting!

Milagro Adoption said...

Can't wait! Love that you can buy identical clothes for twins girls :)

Julie said...

Wonderful!