During this (thankfully) uneventful period of pregnancy I
thought I would share a few Leland stories. On the pregnancy front, I am now 15
weeks, 1 day. We go in three day to hopefully find out genders. Now, back to
Leland…
First, I have to disclose we are in full on three year old
mode. We have total meltdowns as he learns and processes emotions and his
desire for independence. That admitted, he is also just so sweet.
I have been drinking the Horizon boxed chocolate milk. One
of these a day is a nice treat and adds 8 grams of protein into my diet. I have
not shared with Leland because he really does not need chocolate milk and at
about $1 a piece they are actually rather expensive. So when I do drink one in front
of him I tell him it’s a special drink that makes my tummy feel better and is
good for the babies. He still asks for one too, but seems to be coming to
accept that they are a Mama drink only. This past weekend as I finished my milk
he looks over and asked, “Mama, does your tummy feel better now?” I just melted
in the sweetness and concern.
Another sweet moment. This morning about 6:00 AM he crawled into bed with us. After a little while, thinking he was asleep, I
leaned over and kissed his head and then lay my head back on my pillow and closed my eyes. Moments later, I feel him move as he sits up to kiss my head
and then laid back down to sleep. I am savoring these quiet sweet moments I
have with my baby boy, knowing he is growing up fast and knowing that our days
will soon have many less moments of quite stillness.
And now, the funny story! He put a bean up his nose on
Monday. It started around lunchtime. He is in one Montessori community in the
morning and then moves to an afternoon community for the younger children who
nap / rest. Just as he arrived with his afternoon teacher he informed her that “when
I get home, I’m going to get my Mama to get the bead out of my nose.” He
identified a small golden unit bead as the item he put up is nose. They looked
up his nose and saw nothing and got him to blow his nose hard several times
which yielded no results. Then they called me. Honestly – once I heard he wasn't
in any distress over this – I started laughing. And really I wasn't sure if it
was true or not as he had told me a similar thing a few months back in which I don’t
think he really did put anything up his nose. I picked him up early that day to
access the situation. Once I questioned him about it and saw the nasal drainage
I was pretty sure it was true. The funniest thing he told him when I asked
several questions about whether it hurt or not was that “it only hurts when I
try to smell it.” With that confirmation, we headed to his doctor’s office to
have it removed. He stayed perfectly still and completely calm as they removed
the “bead” from his nose. Only instead of a bead it was a dried bean – which having
been exposed to moisture in his nose has swelled to the size of a lima bean. I’m
really not sure how such a large item can be in such a small place. In the end,
it was still funny, since it wasn’t painful or traumatic and since he told us
right away there was no infection. Let’s just hope he never dose this again.
6 comments:
Haha on the bean story! Poor little guy.
Too funny! That's a cute story about the bean. I bet you'll be telling that story for years :)
Shame, I think you had the right attitude. Sorry about the tantrums, we get them too.
Oh my goodness! These kids!
I'm so thankful for the sweet moments...they sure make the hard "3 yr old" moments bearable!
Oh wow this story just made me excited for the things that I have to look forward to with my little boy! ;) Stopping by from ICLW to say hello! Congrats on the healthy twins! So exciting to see the ultrasound pictures!
Aww, the poor little nose! Kids are so funny. Glad you got it before it hurt much!
Post a Comment