So, I just really need to vent tonight. I try to be honest and real in this space, but I also try not to speak ill of others. Tonight though...
I was expecting my in laws tonight, along with my nephew (SIL's son). They were supposed to come tonight. But, I got a call this morning saying that they hadn't coordinated schedules with their dog sitter so they couldn't come till Sunday. A little while later, my mother in law called to tell me that my sister in law has a stomach virus. Apparently, she had been throwing up everything she ate for about 3 hours. I told my mother in law that it would be a bad idea for her or my nephew to be exposed to my sister in law. Basically, I don't want Leland getting sick and if I were to catch it I could easily end up in the hospital. So... my mother in law proceeds to go over to my sister in law's house along with my nephew and my father in law, exposing them all to the stomach virus. They then all take her to the emergency room, exposing them all to the germs there.
Robert's grandmother who was caring for my sister in law has already caught the virus and is throwing up this evevening. So it's clearly contagious. We've told them not to come in the morning and that we would discuss things again tomorrow evening depending on how they are feeling. I'm just so annoyed and frustrated...
I was expecting my in laws tonight, along with my nephew (SIL's son). They were supposed to come tonight. But, I got a call this morning saying that they hadn't coordinated schedules with their dog sitter so they couldn't come till Sunday. A little while later, my mother in law called to tell me that my sister in law has a stomach virus. Apparently, she had been throwing up everything she ate for about 3 hours. I told my mother in law that it would be a bad idea for her or my nephew to be exposed to my sister in law. Basically, I don't want Leland getting sick and if I were to catch it I could easily end up in the hospital. So... my mother in law proceeds to go over to my sister in law's house along with my nephew and my father in law, exposing them all to the stomach virus. They then all take her to the emergency room, exposing them all to the germs there.
Robert's grandmother who was caring for my sister in law has already caught the virus and is throwing up this evevening. So it's clearly contagious. We've told them not to come in the morning and that we would discuss things again tomorrow evening depending on how they are feeling. I'm just so annoyed and frustrated...
- I've promised Leland they are coming and now at best they will be a day or two late. At worst they won't come at all.
- I'm relying on them for child care Monday through Thursday this week.
- My sister in law is a grown woman, not a child. She can take herself to the doctor.
- Robert's grandmother was already helping care for her, did she really need three adults and a child to care for her at once?
- I warned them of the risks of exposure to her, but they didn't care.
- She wasn't that sick. Three hours of vomiting isn't significant. She primarily went to the ER because her job requires a sick note for a doctor and she wasn't feeling well enough to work tonight.
- I worry about their judgment when caring for Leland. About six months ago they brought my nephew around Leland knowing he was contagious with strep and had an ear infection - only telling us this at they end of the visit to explain my nephew's ill mood.
I've avoided my mother in law's call tonight and refused the phone from Robert when she called him instead. Real mature, right? I'm just hormonal, emotional, and annoyed.
Any thoughts, advice, encoragment?
3 comments:
Yikes! You definitely have a lot of valid concerns. I think you were right to let you wishes be known and then let Robert handle it. You need to rest up, stay healthy, and not stress.
You definitely don't need to catch that virus. I'd be reluctant to let them visit. I hope you are able to find an alternate sitter.
That stinks. It is pretty stupid that three adults felt the need to go take care of another adult... it would make a non-pregnant woman mad so I understand you being upset when you're pregnant!
Post a Comment