#1: Live Close to Work
Now that we have moved, I am only 2.5 miles from work and love, love, love it!!! Just yesterday I was thinking how much better quality of life we already have. When Robert got home from work we took a walk on the neighborhood walking trails. The trail is wooded and quite, winding past a pond. Then after Leland was in bed, I remembered I needed more safety pins for tagging my consignment sale items. I ran to the grocery store that is just across from our new neighborhood and I was back home in 15 minutes. Then this morning, we left the house at 7:30 AM and without rushing I had dropped Leland off and was sitting at my desk by 8:00 AM.
#29: Find a Good Bible Study Group
I joined a new Bible study group this week. There are nine ladies and they meet at lunch at the same church where Leland is in daycare. I had thought I wouldn’t be able to do a lunch time Bible study until after I stopped nursing Leland at lunch, but I generally am only with Leland from about 11:40 to noon now (at which point he is asleep). So I can just run across the street into the church for Bible study at noon. I have only been once, but I think I will really like it. Even better, two of the nine ladies live in our new neighborhood and have already met Robert – he is very social. When I introduced myself (with no mention of where we had just moved), they both said in unison “is your husband Robert?” One of these ladies actually lives directly across the street from us and is super nice. I feel so blessed to have met someone who I think could become a really great new friend.
1 comment:
Here from ICLW - love this idea - living closer to work is great / I hated being far away from my job. Looking forward to catching up on your journey.
Post a Comment