Tuesday, May 22, 2012

30 Before 30



Sunday was my birthday. My 28th birthday. We had a nice relaxing day, just going to church, out to lunch, and then lounging around the house. Recently some of my friends have posted their 30 Before 30 list. It has inspired me to make my own list. With two years to go hopefully I can cross most – or all – of these off my list:

1. Live close to work
2. Take a week long family vacation
3. Get my legs waxed
4. Join a mom’s group
5. Go to the gym 8 times in 4 weeks
6. Take a gun safety class
7. Get my carry permit
8. Buy a gun (& gun box with fingerprint lock)
9. Subscribe to the newspaper
10. Go to the races (horses, dogs, etc.)
11. Go for a walk / go to the park with Leland when I pick him up from daycare
12. Submit something for publication
13. Finish my wedding album
14. Take a golf lesson
15. Write a “where I came from” book for Leland
16. Learn to make Mema’s strawberry cake and icing
17. Take Leland to a Georgia Tech game
18. Learn to ice a cake / cupcakes with an icing bag
19. Visit the Atlanta History Center
20. Plant an herb garden (or just an herb box)
21. Read a classic book
22. Take Leland to the beach
23. Meet a blog friend in person
24. Have a blog makeover
25. Drive a stick shift without stalling out
26. Get highlights
27. Make deviled eggs
28. Go to a drive-in movie
29. Find a good bible study group
30. Make a decision about baby #2


5 comments:

Deborah said...

Start with the deviled eggs! Then you'll have one crossed off your list. ;)

I remember being so stressed out about turning 30 and not having everything accomplished. My list was: a husband, a house, a baby, and a management-level job. Apparently I was a very ambitious 20-something. I think my goals now (I'm 33) are much more nebulous and more about balance and overall happiness.

Keep us posted on your list, though.

DandelionBreeze said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog :) Congratulations on your darling little one... he's adorable :)) Lovely to hear an inspirational story like yours... and happy birthday - love your list :) xoxo

Lady Grey said...

Happy Birthday! A great list, enjoy making them happen! Would love to be your blog friend in real life, but you might need to take that week long family vacation in Australia for that to happen :)

Anonymous said...

Great list! Hope your able to check quite a few of those off.

Kristin said...

What a great list! Happy Birthday.

I love to hear about successful stories of embryo adoption. Congrats!

ICLW #65