Monday, May 14, 2012

First Mother's Day

My first Mother’s Day was so wonderful. We went out of town for the weekend from Friday through Sunday. We stayed in a cabin near Chattanooga, TN. On Saturday we took Leland to Rock City and on Sunday we went to the Tennessee Aquarium.  Other than that we just lounged around the cabin. One of the highlights of Mother’s Day morning was after I had nursed Leland first thing in the morning.  We were all just hanging out in the bed still with the lights low. Robert fell back to sleep and then Leland curled up beside me and took an hour nap. I had a beautiful hour of quiet time with my little man snoozing in the crook of my arm. It was so precious.

Robert got me some sweet gifts. He gave me a Mother’s devotional, a Mercer Law Sweatshirt, and Georgia Tech family stickers for my car. The sweatshirt is something I have wanted for years. When I was in law school, the only place to get one was the tiny law school bookstore. The bookstore would only order a few at a time and the mediums would sell out within a week. Plus, they were a little pricy on a law student budget. But now I finally I have one – thanks honey! As for the stickers…my car will now officially be marked as a mom car with little family stickers – mom, dad, baby, dog!

I had such a wonderful day. Throughout the day I was constantly struck with awe over my little miracle. I found myself so emotional at times I would fight back tears. It’s still sinking in what an amazing blessing I have been given by our awesome God. And sometimes it is just overwhelming.

3 comments:

Ms. Pollywog said...

So glad to hear that you a great Mother's Day!
http://funnylittlepollywogs.com

Deborah said...

Happy Mothers' Day! So glad you had a great day - there can be a lot of build-up to the first one, so it is easy to disappoint. But it sounds like yours didn't at all!

Lady Grey said...

Congratulations, what a special sounding weekend. What a blessing!