Friday, May 18, 2012

Robert’s Graduation(s)

I realized last night that I have been so busy posting about our fun trip that I have not had a chance to post about Robert’s graduation(s). Yes – more than one graduation.

On Friday, May 4th Robert graduated with his Masters of Arts in Teaching. Then, on Friday, May 11th Robert graduated with his Bachelors of Science in Business Accounting. He has been working so hard on these degrees for the past three years. In order to finish both degrees this spring he had to take 18 credit hours. We are so thankful he is done and are so happy to have him home every night of the week again.

Robert’s first bachelor’s degree is in Civil Engineering from Georgia Tech. In February of 2009, he was laid off. From February to May of 2009, he applied to over 300 jobs all over the southeast. No one was hiring civil engineers. So in June of 2009 he started his second bachelor’s degree in Business Accounting. Then, in August of 2010 - after 18 months of unemployment – he began teaching high school math. In order to obtain his teaching certificated he enrolled in the Masters of Arts in Teaching program.

Robert is one of the hardest working people I know. We are so proud of what he has accomplished.

Masters of Arts in Teaching

Bachelors of Science in Business Accounting


Our littlest graduate!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow, way to go!! That's quite an accomplishment!