So I have this co-worker… Well, let me breakdown the whole office for you first. My office has five attorneys. Me and four male attorneys. I do juvenile court; they all do superior court (adult felonies). We have two secretaries (both female) and an investigator (male). When I started here two years ago there was one less attorney doing superior court work. They added a position back at the first of this year. The person they hired is nice enough, but can really rub people the wrong way – I’ll call him “D”.
So recently D is having a conversation in the hallway with our investigator. I walk by. D looks my way and says “take Lara, she could be pregnant right now.” (D now talking to me) “You really don’t know. You could be pregnant right now.” For a very brief moment I just stare at him. Then the image of my empty uterus on the ultrasound screen from my check-up with the RE in June flashed through my head.
When I finally get my bearings, I reply….”no really. I know I am not pregnant. But if my uterus or my ovaries ever need a cheerleader I know who to call.”
On the upside. He’s transferring to another office in our circuit next month and we’re getting a new hire in his place.
1 comment:
Sexual harassment!!
Glad you were able to think of a comeback, though. I never can, in such situations (although this one was particularly ridiculous).
Post a Comment