Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Long Days + #11 (30 Before 30)

This week we have started a new schedule. I had mentioned that Robert has a new job, close (25 miles) to where we will be moving, but about 68 miles from where we live now. The shortest and fastest way to get from our house to his new job goes practically by my office (41 miles from our current house). So, we have been carpooling. He leaves his car at my office overnight and we all three drive home in my car. The upside is that we save gas and get to spend the time in the car together. The downside is that 8 hours work + 1 hour lunch + 3.5 hour commute =  a really, really long day.

So here is the new schedule we are attempting:

5 AM – Robert and I get up
5:40 AM – wake Leland to nurse and then tuck him in the car
6 AM – leave the house
7 AM – drop Robert at his car and go to daycare
7:05 – 7:25 AM – at daycare; get Leland dressed and nurse him again; leave as he starts eating breakfast
7:30 AM – I get to work
8 AM – Robert gets to work
11:30 AM – Lunch date with Leland at daycare
4:30 PM – I get off work and pick Leland up from daycare
5:00 PM – Robert gets off work
5:45 PM – meet for dinner (planning to usually eat take-out at my office)
6:15 PM – leave for home
7:15 PM – arrive home; bath for Leland
7:30 PM – Leland to bed
9:30 PM – Robert and I to bed

Our moving plans are making progress, but slowly. As it looks right now we should be able to close on the house and move the second week of September. So, for the next 5-6 weeks this will be our schedule. This schedule gives Leland and I about an hour and a half each day in the afternoon to spend together. Yesterday I walked from my office with his stroller, pick him up, and walked through downtown to the park. We did not get to play at the park because it had rained and because he fell asleep, but we enjoyed our walk together immensely. And…this marks #11 off my 30 before 30 list! (2 down – 28 to go) Here are some photos from our walk:

Park Downtown
(across the street from where I grew up)

Sleepimg :)

In front of the courthouse. Still Sleeping.
(If you watch Drop Dead Diva - this is the same courthouse from the episode 2 weeks ago)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

That sounds sooo tiring! Nice that you're getting to share your commuting time, but frustrating in so many other ways. Yesterday I only had an hour and a half of waking time with J, and I missed him so much! At least it's temporary for you, though.