Thursday, August 16, 2012

Round Two

There are eight children in Leland’s daycare class. This year, they have the children grouped by birth year, so all of the children in his class were born in 2011. They range in age from about 9 months to about 20 months. Only one of the children in his class has an older sibling. It occurred to me the other day that the group was reaching an age at which some families would attempt to have a second child.

And today – it happened. I found out at lunch from one of his teachers that the little girl who is just 18 days older than him is expecting a younger sibling already. Her mom is an attorney too, but works in a different court than I do. I knew it could be coming, but wow, I’m still just really surprised that my “cohort” is on to round two already!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Even waay before I was ready for #2, I was surprised by how much it hurt when others started having their second. I kept having to remind myself that I didn't really want one right then, and it wasn't a race, etc etc. Not that it helped.

Jen said...

Several people who were pregnant with or after me are well into their second pregnancies now, which has admittedly, been hard to take. Hugs to you.

Anna said...

I'm emotionally SO ready to start thinking about our 2 remaining embryos and trying to give them a chance at life. But we're just not financially ready. :(

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever hear a pregnancy announcement (from someone who got pregnant easily) and not feel a sting. Will the infertile in us ever go away?

Lara said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments!