Here's the recap of our journey:
1999 - age 15 - diagnosed with Oophoritis (inflamed ovaries) after 18 months of no periods. Told to take BCP and see a doctor when I was ready to have kids. Is this really a diagnosis?
2001 - started dating my husband
2006 - married
2007 - age 23 - got a real diagnosis of Premature Ovarian Failure. My ovaries look like raisins. Told donor egg IVF would be our only option.
March 2009 - Traveled to the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD for Premature Ovarian Failure study. Concluded Premature Ovarian Failure was likely autoimmune. Introduced to the option of embryo adoption.
May 2009 - "diagnosed" pregnant by my GYN. One week later - negative Beta.
December 2010 - started embryo adoption process
February 2010 - accepted with the National Embryo Donation Center
September 2010 - home study complete. Matched with 5 embryos.
November 16, 2010 - FET#1. Thawed 5 embryos. 3 embryos survived and transferred.
November 26, 2010 - POAS. BFP.
November 29, 2010 - Beta 993
December 15, 2010 - First u/s. One heartbeat.
July 3, 2011 - low amniotic fluid. Leland born at 35 weeks.
September 23, 2011 - first day back at work (more on this later)
Through this crazy journey I have found strength is God, trusting in His perfect timing. I have also found strength in my amazing husband and in the incredible group of women bloggers I follow. At times when I felt my journey wasn't progressing, reading their stories kept me going. In comparison to so many my journey has been short, but it hasn't been easy. And while having my miracle baby heals many wounds, it does not make me fertile.
Finally, a few things about me. I'm an attorney - I practice juvenile law. I have three furbabies - 2 cats and a very spoiled Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (Daisy). I enjoy traveling, sewing, baking, and kayaking - and any adventure with my husband by my side.
4 comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog, Lara! :)
This is the first blog I've read about embryo donation. I'm eager to read more!
Good luck going back to work tomorrow <3
Welcome to ICLW! I hope you enjoy it, I know I do.
Congratulations on your Leland. It's always great to hear about happy endings/beginnings.
Wow, what an inspiring and long journey you have had. We are just starting our 1st DEIVF cycle after a long unsuccessful trial of IVF with my diminished ovarian reserve. Leland is beautiful, congratulations:)
Hope your first day back to work went all right. Your little one is so precious in the picture above. What a blessing :-)
ICLW
Jess
Life in the White house
Post a Comment