Wow. 12 weeks. Such a huge milestone. I went back to work this week and he started daycare. So far daycare is going well. The daycare is two blocks from my office in downtown, so I am able to go by at lunch and nurse him. His first day, at lunchtime, he seemed a bit frazzled, but calmed completely after nursing. By the end of the day he was exhausted. Today he was calm at lunch and in the afternoon I found him just chillin' in the bouncy seat just taking everything in.
I don't have an exact measurement this week, but when I weighted him a few days ago he was still hovering around 10 pounds. He really hasn't gained much weight in the last two weeks- I'm trying not to panic. He is about 23 inches long. Now that he is at daycare he is eating 14oz a day of breast milk in the bottle and nursing four additional times per day for about 40-60 minutes each. He is sleeping great at night from about 9-10 PM to 5:30 AM. Now if I could just get to bed before midnight.
Right now he loves taking a bath, eating, his frog soothie, the giraffe rattle, and swinging on the front porch swing. He hates changing clothes and his car seat. His head control is getting stronger and he is spitting up less.
No comments:
Post a Comment