I have antibodies!
Yep. The tests they were running locally for antibodies came back negative (hence the recommendation for no treatment). But today my results finally came back from the specialty lab. This lab can use testing techniques that no other labs use. They detected a weak positive for antibodies - but a positive is a positive. That combined with my high risk alleles means treatment is absolutely necessary.
They only question I have is...why would God bring me through all this in the last week? Was I learning a new skills (questioning doctors? seeking second opinions?) Was this for my doctors to learn more about NAIT to better protect other babies? Hmm?
Yep. The tests they were running locally for antibodies came back negative (hence the recommendation for no treatment). But today my results finally came back from the specialty lab. This lab can use testing techniques that no other labs use. They detected a weak positive for antibodies - but a positive is a positive. That combined with my high risk alleles means treatment is absolutely necessary.
They only question I have is...why would God bring me through all this in the last week? Was I learning a new skills (questioning doctors? seeking second opinions?) Was this for my doctors to learn more about NAIT to better protect other babies? Hmm?
3 comments:
Sorry you will need the treatments but I am glad the doctors got a full picture so they could make the best decision for your girls!
Sorry I haven't been commenting. I am so glad to hear you are getting the treatments you need (especially now that it's confirmed you need them), but sorry it was so much effort to get to this point.
As far as your reasons why G-d would put you through this, they all sound worthwhile to me. I wish you didn't have to go through it, though. :(
Deborah
Hi Lara, I'm so sorry I haven't had a chance to say this yet but I am so, so, so excited about your girls. I don't know why the you've had such a week, but I pray that it results in good care for your girls and greater trust in God. So happy for you, praying for the infusions to be fairly straight forward.
Post a Comment