We are snuggled in warm enjoying our rare snow day here in the south. We only get snow like this (actually sticks, more than .5 inches) every few years. Honestly, we haven't see snow like this since January 2011, when I was pregnant with Leland. That makes this Leland's very first snow!
In addition to some fun outdoor play, complete with snow angels and a hike to the community pond, we have had some fun indoor snow day fun too. My cousin Christine - the missionary in Honduras - was home for this month for the birth of her first niece. She was supposed to have dinner with us on Tuesday, but ended up spending the whole day Tuesday and sleeping over till today. In some ways it felt like our childhood sleepovers again, which was fun!
First, we made snow cream! We mixed 1 cup half and half (recipe called for milk, but we were low) with 1/2 cup sugar and 1tsp vanilla extract. The we stirred in 5-6 cups of fresh snow. Tasty!
Next, Christine taught me how to crochet a baby hat. It's a work in progress....
And the best part....we get another snow day tomorrow!





1 comment:
Hi! I just wanted to tell you that yesterday, J and I were looking for an activity to do and also both having major sugar cravings, and I remembered your recipe for snow cream. So I pulled it up and we made it. It was delicious! We added some hot cocoa powder to make it chocolate-flavored. :) The only problem was, when we froze the part we didn't eat, it turned into a big ice cube. If we do it again, I'll freeze it in popsicle molds and/or ice cube trays. But anyway, thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment