Thursday, February 6, 2014

Infertility Timing

I've once again entered the world of "infertility timing". You know the thoughts...

"If we take that trip in July ... and have successful May transfer .... can I manage the trip 12 (no maybe 13) weeks pregnant?...but if we need to transfer in July....would the trip interfere?"

"Let's sign up for that event in September. No wait....if we need to transfer in September...wouldn't that be about the time of the transfer?"

"Should I make those plans for June...but if I do who would give my shots assuming I get pregnant in May?...or what if I have a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage around then - would I be up to going"

"Should I fly or drive to the conference in July...wait...does the conference overlap with the July transfer dates...but then again maybe I'll be pregnant...and then would driving be too hard?"

"Let's plan a vacation for later this year....repeat all concerns listed above...Will the vacation conflict with a transfer.... Will I be too pregnant (positive thinking) by then to travel?"

I'm having to once again refocus myself on God's timing; having to resist the urge to plan way into the future; and having to accept that even when I do make plans, it's okay if they have to be changed. Repeat...reaffirm..."it is okay!"

4 comments:

Malia said...

I know what you're talking about! We aren't planning on even doing the mock for about a year, but already planning a bit!

Godspeed with your planning! It looks like you realize that His planning takes precedence, so you should be fine :)

Anonymous said...

This absolutely speaks to me. Thank you for the reminder! I've bene in such a season of trying to plan. We will be taking a trip in May. Do we do a March transfer like we originally hoped for... or wait until we get back? Decisions Decisions! ; )

It Is What It Is said...

Yes, there are so many things to consider, a weight always on the mind, but for such a good and true purpose.

For TBT today, I posted a picture of me at my 40th bday party (I will be 48 in May). I purposefully delayed what could have been a May cycle so that I could purposefully celebrate my milestone birthday. And, wouldn't you know it, the following month, I got pregnant (OE IVF/PGD) with my almost 7 yr old son.

Deborah said...

I like the idea of leaving it up to God! Really, what else can you do??