Friday, February 14, 2014

Preping for My Mock Cycle .... or Not

We are counting down the days till out mock transfer at the NEDC. I should be getting excited. And I was. But, now...I'm stressing!

*** This is your warning that the rest of the post is period related and may contain TMI***

To prep for the mock cycle you take Estrogen from day 1 of your cycle up until the appointment at the NEDC. You start taking Estrogen on the first full day of bleeding. Only problem is that it has been 5 days since I came off of the Provera and I still haven't had any "red" bleeding. It's all been heavy brown spotting.

Thinking back, I did have about 4-5 days of light red bleeding a few weeks ago and since I've only been "inducing a bleed" (getting my period) every four months for the past two years or so I am now worrying that the bleeding a few weeks ago was my period and that now all I have is a little old blood. Totally stressing!!!

I did call the nurse and talked it through with her today. She was really nice and reassuring. But said if I don't get bright red bleeding by Tuesday I shouldn't bother with the Estrogen and I will have to do a mock cycle at my home clinic in addition to the NEDC appointment. She was nice and calm, but I'm still really stressing. I see this as possibly delaying my transfer day; as more money; more days off from work as my home clinic is over two hours away.

So with this I am asking for your prayers. Prayers that my period starts ASAP. And prayers for me to trust in God's timing and provision.

2 comments:

Malia said...

Prayers for your period! I understand! :)

Ashley said...

Praying for you!