Wednesday, January 15, 2014

And so it begins...

Over the last few months we have laid the ground work to get moving towards our next embryo adoption. We did a few things last fall, such as getting on the NEDC mock transfer schedule; but, since the start of the year things feel like they have really started moving along...

- I’ve had my STD testing completed for the NEDC

- I called the nurse to get my medication protocol set for the NEDC mock transfer. I’ll start Provera on February 3rd (to induce a bleed) and then I’ll start the Estrace on the first day of bleeding - probably about February 12th.

- I’ve filled my Estrace prescription

- I’ve made calls to the NEDC financial office and my insurance company, verifying diagnostic codes, procedure codes, etc. trying to decide if I should have the NEDC attempt to file with my insurance company. We have BCBS and infertility coverage is limited to diagnostic - Any advice?

- I’ve had two preconception appointments with two different perinatologists, as the first one I met knew nothing about NAIT (my platelet antibody issue).

- I’ve had lab work drawn to test my platelet antibodies and my thyroid levels.

- I’ve had an appointment with a new OB/GYN who is in the companion practice to the first perinatologists I met. I’ve scheduled an appointment with another OB/GYN who practices at the same hospital as the second perinatologists I consulted.

Budget wise, I’ve spent...

$26.70 - 1st Perinatologists Consult (we had met our 2013 deductible)
$200.87 - Estrace
$315.24 - 2nd Perinatologists Consult
______
$542.81 TOTAL

So far I have been able to set the OB/GYN appointments up as wellness appointments and I was able to squeeze in the lab work in at the end of 2013, having already met our deductible. Saving money on both fronts!

On my to-do list are:

- Make hotel reservations for our mock transfer trip
- Coordinate childcare during our mock transfer trip
- Remind Robert to complete his STD testing
- Meet anther new OB/GYN (apt. is set for Jan. 30)

And...finally....share some BIG NEWS with you all!!! I know I’ve been stringing you all along with the promise of "big news" for about two months now, but I’ve been waiting on things to finalize before I was ready to share (plus life has been a little crazy lately). It’s now final and I promise to share this week - maybe on Sunday in honor of Sanctity of Life Sunday (hint, hint)!

Thanks for joining and supporting us on this journey!

5 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Excited for you and can't wait to hear about your BIG news! :)

Lady Grey said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear :)

Lady Grey said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear :)

It Is What It Is said...

You're on your way!

Ashley said...

Excited to hear your news!