Friday, July 12, 2013

Babies....babies....everywhere

That second pregnancy announcement that I knew was coming finally came at the 4th of July cookout. Knowing it is coming always helps, but it is what it is. We actually went on a long-weekend beach trip with these friends a few weeks ago and I suspected it at the time, but then started wondering since they said nothing and she didn’t have any significant symptoms. I even started wondering if maybe she was having some difficulty getting pregnant. Which brings up the point of why do we torture ourselves obsessing over other peoples reproductive habits?

This announcement is actually a third pregnancy announcement in that it actually comes on top of my cousin’s announcement from a few weeks ago. My cousin and my two friends are all due within a six week window. Overall I am not too affected, but have had a few moments of anxiety. One such came this week with a text massaged ultrasound photo. It caught me off guard in the middle of the work day. Making matters much worse was that it was a group text so my phone blew up over the next hour with responses.

I really am very happy for all of them and I am excited to meet their little ones. But something about it is still just hard.

3 comments:

Malia said...

I know. I could have written this post had 3 of my friends been pregnant while I wanted to be pregnant... It's not that you aren't happy for them, you're just sad for yourself. That only makes sense! Prayers and Godspeed, Lara!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I totally understand! :/

Tracey said...

Big hugs! Totally understand : )