Wednesday, July 3, 2013

TWO! + Updates...

Summer, or rather just life, has been busy. I’ve been slow posting updates, but I wanted to take a moment today to pause, celebrate, and praise God for His abundant blessings! Today, my son - my miracle - is TWO!

I will post a full two year update soon, but wanted to share some general thoughts on what we have been up to recently....
  • I surprised Leland this morning - for his birthday - with balloons. After he went to bed last night I snuck in and put several balloons around his room. When he woke up this morning it was still dark so I got to go in, turn on his lamp, and see his surprise and delight He said, "oh, wow!"

    Hilton Head, SC
  • Two weeks ago we spent four days at the beach in Hilton Head, SC. We traveled with friends and had a wonderful time.

    Digging in the sand

  • Leland graduated from his rear facing car seat to a front facing seat. It has been so much fun being able to see him and talk with him while we ride. He is so cute poining out what he sees. His favorite thing to see is the "octogon" (stop signs).
  • Last week my niece (14) and nephew (11) flew in to stay with us for two weeks. They will be here until next Wednesday. We have had a blast, but keeping up with a toddler and teenagers is tiring. They stay up late; he wakes up early! We took them to stone mountain on Saturday and had a great time.
  • Stone Mountain
  • This afternoon we plan to take Leland to his first movie - Monster’s University - to celebrate his birthday.
  • This weekend we are having a Very Hungry Caterpillar party to celebrate Leland’s birthday. Last night I stopped by Publix to pick up some items for the party before they went off sale. Walking into the store I realized that the only things I needed to buy were ice cream and pickles. Recognizing the irony of this, I added a few items to my store list.  
Waiting to Ride the Train (at Stone Montain)

Have a wonderful Independence Day! I promise to update more soon.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

My cousins just had a family reunion in Hilton Head! I wasn't invited (I'm their 2nd cousin, they're each other's 1st), but I really wish I was there! Glad you had fun.

And I like the idea of surprising Leland with balloons. I remember we went through a phase where J was obssessed with balloons.

Happy Birthday to Leland.

Tracey said...

Happy birthday Leland!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday, Leland!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Leland! Hilton Head is awesome, isn't it?! :)