Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Very Hungry TWO YEAR OLD Caterpillar

This past Saturday we celebrated Leland’s second birthday with a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed party.

I made the caterpillar, but left the baking up to Publix
We has a house full with 24 adults and a dozen kids 5 and under. We had planned the party for the morning with the hope of having it outside, but it was just to rainny and humid. Somehow a dozen kids seems like a lot, but there were only two children (siblings) from Leland's school and the rest were family, close friend's children, and our next door neighbors children.

Love my sweet boy!
I had a really fun time and I think Leland did too! I loved that when we sung happy birthday to Leland he sung with us. And he was very excited to blow out the candles.

I had a lot of fun with the Hungry Caterpillar theme...making custom water bottle lables and planning a menu from the food in the book.





Hungry Caterpillar lacing boards as party favors!
Overall we had a great time and were blessed by great friends and family! After Leland's 2 year check up next week I'll post a full update.

5 comments:

Malia said...

Wow! What a great birthday party theme :)

Jen said...

How fun! We had a very similar party with Matthew for his 1st Birthday. The book foods sure made menu planning a snap!

Ashley said...

So fun!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Looks like Leland had a great birthday party! :)

Deborah said...

Wow, I love how you designed the menu around the book! And the cake is great !you are very crafty. :)