Friday, January 13, 2012

Updates


I have had so many blog posts floating around in my head, but no time to write them. I guess that is how it happens. The busier you are the more you have to write about and the less time you have to write it. So I have decided to just post some bullet points and then expand on them in posts (hopefully) in the near future:

  •  Leland is doing great with solids. He loves food. He eats twice a day at 2 PM and 6 PM. He has tried sweet potatoes, applesauce, pears, rice, oatmeal, avocados, and bananas.
  • I have my period (thanks to Pro.ver.a) and am bleeding super heavy. This may be TMI, but I am bleeding more now than postpartum. My uterine lining got to 14mm thanks to 4 months of unopposed estrogen. By comparison my lining was LESS than 6mm at the time of the FET. I feel really crappy.
  • My Reproductive Endocrinologist (who manages my hormone replacement therapy) wants me to stop breastfeeding. I want to cry every time I think about it. I am only producing milk with the assistance of the aforementioned unopposed estrogen and he thinks I should stop sooner than later. Even with the unopposed estrogen my production is struggling. He said we will discuss it more at my next appointment which should be in March.
  •  Leland has his first diaper rash. As diaper rash goes it’s not horrible. But to a concerned mama it’s awful and I am doing everything I can to clear it up as quickly as possible. Any suggestions are welcome.
  • My 21 year old, unmarried, sister-in-law is pregnant. I really want to post more about this soon, but as fellow infertiles I am certain you can imagine my state of mind. I am trying to focus on the fact that I know she is terrified and pray for her. Her name is Hannah if you would like to pray for her too.
  • We are house hunting. Right now Robert and I both commute an hour to work. With Leland, I just can’t do it anymore. We are looking for a house close to my work and Leland’s daycare – in my hometown where I work.

I hope to post more soon, but I will leave you with a few recent pictures:

Today at lunch at the daycare.

 Happy Eater!

He just recently grew into these PJs. He looks like such a "little boy" here to me.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

About the breastfeeding, can you just tell your doctor "no"? As in, "no, I am not going to stop breastfeeding. what other care options do you have for me?" Your RE is going to tell you what's best for you, not what's best for your baby, but you're his mom. Of course, I wouldn't be saying this if I thought you were okay with stopping - I don't want to be pushing anything. But I hope you can let your doctor know how you feel and still get good treatment for your own hormones. And ugh, that period! Glad I don't have that!

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I am having a difficult time with the thought of going back to work, but I'm hoping that once I get back we'll get into a new routine. It's going to be tough. I appreciate the prayers!

Anna said...

He DOES look like a little boy! OMG where has the time gone?

Kristine said...

Love those sweet pictures of Leland! I have found the BEST diaper rash cream EVER here:

http://herblore.com/cgi-bin/dba/store/db.cgi?uid=default&ma=0&sb=15&switch=1&view_records=1&name=Healing+Salve&category=Pain+Relief

As long as it is made, I will never be without this product in my household! It has the most amazing healing properties and not only works miracles on diaper rash, but on other wounds as well. I pray Leland's little bum heals quickly!

(As a disclaimer, an endorsement of this product does not mean that I endorse the claims made by the owner of the site on other issues)