Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Blessed Day

It's been a rough few days. On top of everything else, I'm having horrible pain in my right shoulder area on my back. My blood pressure has also been rising again. I saw my OB yesterday to be sure it wasn't something serious. She ordered labs, a chest x-ray, and an EKG, because the preeclampsia / HELLP Syndrome comes with risks of lingering organ strain or even damage. Thankfully the tests were all normal. We have concluded the pain has to be muscular and although it's very painful, I am relieved it is nothing more serious.

After all this, I was thrilled to have such a wonderful day with our girls today. Both girls are off their IVs and Elizabeth came off her nasal cannula. Best of all...

Robert got to hold them together for the first time ever (for just a minute).


AND... I got to nurse them. They did an amazing job, both sucking and swallowing so well the nurse could hear them across the room. It was so amazing how naturally they took to nursing (though having nursed Leland at nearly the same age, I know srveral skills that help them succeed). I have been dreaming of nursing these sweet girls for months!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Yay!! I hope this is only the beginning of many good days.

Andrea said...

Brilliant update to round out the year! I can't wait to see the continued progress!

Sara said...

I know nursing is important to you so im so happy for you to hear this update!