Thursday, December 18, 2014

Birth Date(s) + IV x 2 + Ultrasound (of my leg...)

What's better than one IV?


Two IVs! I've started getting fluids with my infusions, which is a good thing. The complicated part is that my IVIG can't be run through the same line as the fluids. The solution is...just run two IV lines!

I saw my OB this morning. I am measuring 41 weeks (this is based on average singleton growth). We will be scheduling my c section for either the afternoon of January 13 or the very early morning of January 14. My OB is on shift during this time and she has sent orders to scheduling for this time window. I should hopefully know soon a specific time!

Finally, I get to have an extra ultrasound today. Of my leg! I am at very, very high risk for a blood clot with pregnancy + twins + IVIG. And I have just enough minor symptoms is my left thigh to warrent further diagnostics to be safe. I'll keep you posted!

UPDATE: legs look good. No blood clot!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I can't believe your girls will be here so soon! You have gone through so much to get them here safe & sound. I'm sure it will be a relief to finally have them in your arms!

Unknown said...

Hang in there. You are in the home stretch. What a journey it has been. You are one strong mama.

Malia said...

Very glad that you don't have any clots! Continued prayers for you and your babies :)