I'm 33 weeks (and 1 day) today. Just trucking along, taking things one day at a time. Some days are physically or medically easier than others, but even on hard days I remain thankful.
Baby B flipped head down this week. So both girls are down. This would be exciting if I were hoping for a vaginal delivery. Since a c section is my only option, it was more comfortable when they were laying in opposite directions. Both of their heads are one on top of the other on my lower right - right on my bladder. They are both very active and can get moving so much my belly looks like it's dancing. We are now doing weekly ultrasounds, but will only measure growth every three weeks.
My weight is up 40 pounds total this week. My thyroid is still off so we are upping my dose again. Swelling is getting more frequent, mostly in the legs, ankles and feet. My belly itches like crazy from the stretching of my skin. I think I have about 5 tunic length tops that still fit.
I have an OB appointment in the morning. I've been told I will be able to pick my delivery date then - I am really excited! I hope to be able to meet with the neonatologist and the pediatric hematologist next week to discuss post-delivery logistics. It's starting to get real!
And...the big countdown is for 6 days from now when I will be 34 weeks. From that point on they would do nothing to stop labor. Rather they would just rush me in for delivery!
Finally I'll leave you with a badly taken (slightly blurry) infusion center bathroom selfie. It seems I only have free time lately (for picture taking) when I'm waiting at the doctor.
Baby B flipped head down this week. So both girls are down. This would be exciting if I were hoping for a vaginal delivery. Since a c section is my only option, it was more comfortable when they were laying in opposite directions. Both of their heads are one on top of the other on my lower right - right on my bladder. They are both very active and can get moving so much my belly looks like it's dancing. We are now doing weekly ultrasounds, but will only measure growth every three weeks.
My weight is up 40 pounds total this week. My thyroid is still off so we are upping my dose again. Swelling is getting more frequent, mostly in the legs, ankles and feet. My belly itches like crazy from the stretching of my skin. I think I have about 5 tunic length tops that still fit.
I have an OB appointment in the morning. I've been told I will be able to pick my delivery date then - I am really excited! I hope to be able to meet with the neonatologist and the pediatric hematologist next week to discuss post-delivery logistics. It's starting to get real!
And...the big countdown is for 6 days from now when I will be 34 weeks. From that point on they would do nothing to stop labor. Rather they would just rush me in for delivery!
Finally I'll leave you with a badly taken (slightly blurry) infusion center bathroom selfie. It seems I only have free time lately (for picture taking) when I'm waiting at the doctor.

1 comment:
You look great!! Yikes for heads on the bladder. I hope you can stay as comfortable as possible as they continue to grow.
Post a Comment