It's been a week filled with blessings and sadness.
My girls are growing great and I'm growing too. They now weigh an estimated 4lbs 10oz and 4lbs 12oz - that's 9 1/2 pounds of babies! I'm up to a total weight gain of 40 pounds and my belly is so large that I have very few clothes that still fit over my belly. I'm having a significant increase in swelling this week too.
We've been blessed to have lots of family support this week. Robert's brother came up over the weekend. He was able to help with several small tasks and was a great distraction for Leland while I was in the hospital. Then mid-week we have had Robert's parents and sister. They have been a huge help moving us towards completion of the nursuery - hanging a fan, hanging curtains and a rod, hanging book/picture ledges, hanging a mobile from the ceiling, painting and hanging a huge mirror, handing picture frames, washing and sorting baby clothes, etc.
Another wonderful blessing this week is the birth of a sweet friend's baby. She is local and we met just as her journey with the NEDC was beginning. Her beautiful baby boy is finally here! And I was able to meet him this morning. She delivered at the same hospital I get my infusions, see my OB and will myself deliver - making it easy for me to stop in before my infusion today.
On the harder side, I have been having issues getting my infusions. There is a huge communication breakdown between my doctors and the infusions nurses. Plus, several of the nurses have made it abundantly clear to me that they don't want me here. They make comments about me really needing to be inpatient and have made scheduling a nightmare, trying to require me to arive at 7am - which would require me to find childcare for Leland at 5:30 am befor he goes to school. They also threatened to stop my infusion on Tuesday without giving me the full dose becausethey didn't want to stay ling enough to give me the whole thing.
And on the sad side - it's been a year this week since my dad died. Some days this week have been easier than others. If I can find time and strength, I would like to write a post just about how I am coping on this front. Interestingly, it's actually been emotionally harder having Robert's dad here this week. It reminds me of all the things my dad would be doing for me if he were still here and healthy.
My girls are growing great and I'm growing too. They now weigh an estimated 4lbs 10oz and 4lbs 12oz - that's 9 1/2 pounds of babies! I'm up to a total weight gain of 40 pounds and my belly is so large that I have very few clothes that still fit over my belly. I'm having a significant increase in swelling this week too.
We've been blessed to have lots of family support this week. Robert's brother came up over the weekend. He was able to help with several small tasks and was a great distraction for Leland while I was in the hospital. Then mid-week we have had Robert's parents and sister. They have been a huge help moving us towards completion of the nursuery - hanging a fan, hanging curtains and a rod, hanging book/picture ledges, hanging a mobile from the ceiling, painting and hanging a huge mirror, handing picture frames, washing and sorting baby clothes, etc.
Another wonderful blessing this week is the birth of a sweet friend's baby. She is local and we met just as her journey with the NEDC was beginning. Her beautiful baby boy is finally here! And I was able to meet him this morning. She delivered at the same hospital I get my infusions, see my OB and will myself deliver - making it easy for me to stop in before my infusion today.
On the harder side, I have been having issues getting my infusions. There is a huge communication breakdown between my doctors and the infusions nurses. Plus, several of the nurses have made it abundantly clear to me that they don't want me here. They make comments about me really needing to be inpatient and have made scheduling a nightmare, trying to require me to arive at 7am - which would require me to find childcare for Leland at 5:30 am befor he goes to school. They also threatened to stop my infusion on Tuesday without giving me the full dose becausethey didn't want to stay ling enough to give me the whole thing.
And on the sad side - it's been a year this week since my dad died. Some days this week have been easier than others. If I can find time and strength, I would like to write a post just about how I am coping on this front. Interestingly, it's actually been emotionally harder having Robert's dad here this week. It reminds me of all the things my dad would be doing for me if he were still here and healthy.
8 comments:
I'm glad things are going well with the pregnancy. I'm so sorry about your dad. I lost my grandmother who raised me in March and its so very hard. Hugs!
What an update! You do indeed have good and bad... but all things are a part of His perfect plan! Godspeed and prayers :)
I cannot believe the nurses are treating you that way! That is so unprofessional.
And my sympathies are with you on the anniversary of the loss of your dad. I can totally see how having Robert's dad there would make it harder. I'm glad you have so much family helping you, though. And very glad your girls are still looking good at 32 weeks!
You have made it so far. Can't wait to see your little girls. Way to go!
I'm glad the girls are growing away. I'm sorry for the tough time to deal with a loss anniversary. I hope those medical professionals get their act together and give you the care you deserve!!
Sending prayers to you after this long week.
Praying for you!
Thinking of you at this bittersweet time.
Post a Comment