February 22 is my dad's birthday. Had he not passed last December, he would have been 72 this year.
Back in 2012, I threw my dad a huge 70th birthday party with lots of family and friends. The primary purpose of the party was to get me and my four older sisters in the same room one last time - an accomplishment that had only been achieved once before in my lifetime and was really my dad's only wish. (To explain a bit - my sisters and I range in age by about 20 years and have three mothers between the five of us. I am the baby.)
Knowing my dad wanted all of us together so badly, the idea of a 70th birthday party was in the works for several years prior. And when I looked forward to the party, I really wanted my baby to be there too - even back when my "baby" was simply a dream and not yet a reality. Fast forward to February 2012, and my seven month old baby was in fact present - such a blessing and an answered prayer.
Sitting in church this Easter, I was thinking about my dad. Missing him on Easter (my favorite holiday). Thinking about how I missed him so much on his birthday this year. Then suddenly, I realized that next year his birthday (2/22/2015) is on a Sunday. How amazing would it be to baptize my baby on my dad's birthday. And by baby, I mean our second child. You know, the one we don't actually have yet.
To achieve this will require a miracle; an answered prayer. We will have to get pregnant in May. If we don't, this date will pass. But, if we do get pregnant in May, this date will fall about two weeks past my due date, when my little one(s) should be 4-6 weeks old. I am hopeful. I am humbling myself before God asking for this desire of my heart. And I am praying that I am not setting myself up for additional heartache if a May pregnancy is not in God's timing.
Back in 2012, I threw my dad a huge 70th birthday party with lots of family and friends. The primary purpose of the party was to get me and my four older sisters in the same room one last time - an accomplishment that had only been achieved once before in my lifetime and was really my dad's only wish. (To explain a bit - my sisters and I range in age by about 20 years and have three mothers between the five of us. I am the baby.)
Knowing my dad wanted all of us together so badly, the idea of a 70th birthday party was in the works for several years prior. And when I looked forward to the party, I really wanted my baby to be there too - even back when my "baby" was simply a dream and not yet a reality. Fast forward to February 2012, and my seven month old baby was in fact present - such a blessing and an answered prayer.
Sitting in church this Easter, I was thinking about my dad. Missing him on Easter (my favorite holiday). Thinking about how I missed him so much on his birthday this year. Then suddenly, I realized that next year his birthday (2/22/2015) is on a Sunday. How amazing would it be to baptize my baby on my dad's birthday. And by baby, I mean our second child. You know, the one we don't actually have yet.
To achieve this will require a miracle; an answered prayer. We will have to get pregnant in May. If we don't, this date will pass. But, if we do get pregnant in May, this date will fall about two weeks past my due date, when my little one(s) should be 4-6 weeks old. I am hopeful. I am humbling myself before God asking for this desire of my heart. And I am praying that I am not setting myself up for additional heartache if a May pregnancy is not in God's timing.
4 comments:
Just found your blog via ICLW. I'm looking forward to getting caught up on your story and following you from now on. Blessings!
Rooting for success and granted wishes!
Praying that God will grant this desire of your heart!
Big hugs, I am praying that everything lines up perfectly for you. You have a special angel watching and pulling some strings in heaven.
Post a Comment