I go for my baseline ultrasound tomorrow morning. It's at my RE's office where I have been a patient for about seven years. Despite several closer practices I drive nearly two hours to their office (we used to live close by) because I really love my doctor.
Thankfully, my RE office will file my monitoring ultrasounds and labs with my insurance. Since I've met my deductable I was expecting the appointment to cost about $30 - $40 total. But I got a call today informing me that the entire Hospital System, including all of it's associated doctor's offices will be out of network after 11:59 p.m. tonight. So....I should plan on bringing cash to my appointment, probably about $600!!!
To say I freaked out is an understatement. I contacted a friend to see who did her monitoring. I called many RE offices - they all declined to see a patient who is not already established and generally could not "establish" me as a new patient until June. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with my insurance company. I accomplished nothing.
So between my two ultrasounds prior to transfer I think our budget just went up $1000 or so. That is unless they work out the contract spat between BCBS and the hospital tonight. Prayers are welcomed.
Thankfully, my RE office will file my monitoring ultrasounds and labs with my insurance. Since I've met my deductable I was expecting the appointment to cost about $30 - $40 total. But I got a call today informing me that the entire Hospital System, including all of it's associated doctor's offices will be out of network after 11:59 p.m. tonight. So....I should plan on bringing cash to my appointment, probably about $600!!!
To say I freaked out is an understatement. I contacted a friend to see who did her monitoring. I called many RE offices - they all declined to see a patient who is not already established and generally could not "establish" me as a new patient until June. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with my insurance company. I accomplished nothing.
So between my two ultrasounds prior to transfer I think our budget just went up $1000 or so. That is unless they work out the contract spat between BCBS and the hospital tonight. Prayers are welcomed.
3 comments:
Oh, that really bites! I'm sorry. Praying that things will work out between the hospital and BCBS.
:( I hope an arrangement can be worked out. That's a huge unexpected expense. Would the monitoring really be that much? I pay cash, and mine is $320 for each set of ultrasound and bloodwork.
Ack! I hope that you find a way around that! I hate when all you want is a smooth cycle and suddenly you get hit with a dirt clod.
Post a Comment