Leland wakes up most morning about 6:30 am. When he gets up in the morning we go to my bed to nurse, snuggle, read books, etc. Most nights he wakes to nurse between about 4-5 am. We nurse in the rocker in his room and (thankfully) he returns promptly to sleep once he is done.
Yesterday morning he woke at 5:55 am.
This was his first awakening since going to sleep the night before. It was a little early to be "morning" but I had to leave the house an hour early for a court hearing so I figured it was a good thing he was waking up early and decided I would treat it as morning (diaper change, talking, etc. versus just nursing him back to sleep).
I changed his diaper and picked him up. He pointed to the rocker...
ME: You want to go nurse in the rocker?
LELAND: Side (one of Leland's words for milk/nursing)
ME: Don't you want to go to my bed to nurse?
LELAND: No
ME: You want to nurse in your room?
LELAND: *grunts* (again pointing to the rocker)
ME: Are you sure you don't want to go to my room?
LELAND: No (still pointing to the rocker)
Having accepted his preference for nursing in the rocker was unwavering, I gave in and took him to the rocker to nurse. He nursed for about 10-15 minutes .... and went back to sleep!
It seems I was the one confused. 5:55 am is not morning; it's the middle of the night. And in the middle of the night we nurse in the rocker and he goes back to sleep. Silly me!
Yesterday morning he woke at 5:55 am.
This was his first awakening since going to sleep the night before. It was a little early to be "morning" but I had to leave the house an hour early for a court hearing so I figured it was a good thing he was waking up early and decided I would treat it as morning (diaper change, talking, etc. versus just nursing him back to sleep).
I changed his diaper and picked him up. He pointed to the rocker...
ME: You want to go nurse in the rocker?
LELAND: Side (one of Leland's words for milk/nursing)
ME: Don't you want to go to my bed to nurse?
LELAND: No
ME: You want to nurse in your room?
LELAND: *grunts* (again pointing to the rocker)
ME: Are you sure you don't want to go to my room?
LELAND: No (still pointing to the rocker)
Having accepted his preference for nursing in the rocker was unwavering, I gave in and took him to the rocker to nurse. He nursed for about 10-15 minutes .... and went back to sleep!
It seems I was the one confused. 5:55 am is not morning; it's the middle of the night. And in the middle of the night we nurse in the rocker and he goes back to sleep. Silly me!
2 comments:
Ooh, now I want to go back to sleep, too!
Cool that he slept through the night, though. And I hope you still made it to work on time.
Too cute!
Post a Comment